JUDGING CRITERIA FOR SCRAP2ART ENTRIES
Note: Each piece will be judged individually and of itself – not in comparison with other pieces.
1. Wow Factor: (x/15)
- Is it amazing? Is it inspiring?
- What is your first impression?
- Does it grab your attention?
- Does it move you? / create feeling?
- Do you like it? / Do you love it? / Do you dislike it?
- Does it make you think?
2. Artistic Merit: (x/15)
- Interpretation and clarity of the theme to the viewer
- Strong visual design
- Is the artist investigating the subject/theme?
- Is the artist challenging herself/himself?
- Principles of design (movement, harmony, rhythm and unity)
- Conceptual elements of piece (even abstract)
- Strong composition
- Colour harmony
- Are forms used effectively?
- Does the artwork stand on its own as a complete and outstanding work of art?
3. Overall Design/Use of Materials: (x/10)
- Creativity and originality of the theme
- Multiple techniques?
- Consistency in execution
- Is the space used effectively?
- Has the work been prepared properly for display?
- Demonstration of reuse/recycling of waste/pre-loved materials
- Does the design meet the objective from the written submission?
- New idea or process or combination of materials that may lead to new consumer or industry recycling behaviour.
- Educational: teaches about the goals, materials, creativity, interactive possibilities – brings community together!
4. Critical Assessment of Skills: (Judges Personal Opinion) (x/10)
- Strongest elements of this piece
- Weakest elements of this piece
- Additional comments